Thursday, July 21, 2011

Breaking the Silence

Just wanted to leave a note here, for passers by. After almost 8 years, different hosts, and several pleas to try and get this site the attention and variety it once craved, I've come to terms with what it's become.

It's not much, but it was a nice 8 year chapter of my life, and the site will live on as proof of that. Sure, our old hosts have long gone, and thus some of this chapter is missing. But I'm ok with that. I'm proud of the work both my team and myself have done over the years, and I'm kind of shocked that we all managed to run this on our own free time for that long. I've made some great friends over the years thanks to VFH, both near and far, and if that's all I have to remind myself of my time here then it was worth it.

This isn't the first semi-depressing letter I've written here, but it's most likely the last. I've just become too busy with other work to actually maintain this by myself for no compensation.

I won't close the site or our social media accounts, I could never bring myself to do so after all the time we've put in, but updates on our Facebook and Twitter will probably be kept to a minimum barring a few note-worthy links here and there. It's not much, but it's the best I can do given the time I have.

However, I myself am not going away. Feel free to follow my art blog, Twitter, or even my Tumblr; each of which are generally regularly updated with my thoughts and latest works. When I'm not self-promoting I'm generally talking about movies, music, TV, comics (and all the other crap I like and would generally speak about here in full length when given the time). Who knows, maybe some day I'll have a reason to come back to this place and start writing again, wouldn't that be swell?

Thank you to everyone, I'll see you later.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to see you go. Always liked the site

VFH said...

aww thanks anon! we still exist in some fashion, tell us what you liked about us so we can take it into consideration for the future ;)

kamagra said...

You have to take it easy, I know there are so many facts people don't know, but you have to remember if yuo are alive is because you have to, so try to enjoy your life and forget the problems at least for a period of time.

Sara said...

I am absolutely amazed at how terrific the stuff is on this site. I have saved this webpage and I truly intend on visiting the site in the upcoming days. Keep up the excellent work!
malaysia flower delivery

Reno Carpet Cleaner said...

I am grateful for the information you have shared to this post.

Learn Spanish for Kids and Family said...

learn spanish for kids dvd is a developed by progressive media partners, llc spanish writer, stats analyst, and data visualization designer. His work can be found on Learn Spanish for Kids and Family and learning spanish at home, as well in the english to spanish worksheets for kids and various spanish for kids for the english to spanish worksheets for kids has learn spanish on dvd. Thanks

Web Design Companies said...

Great mind at work ....really appreciable

Ohio design Build said...

wow superb terrific stuff really grateful things

built to suit lease said...

WOW!!!! great thought and work

amarillo dentists said...

Your article is appealing as well as informative. I agree with your interesting ideas your content. You’re a great writer with a lot of talent.

carpet cleaning kew said...

We still exist in some fashion, tell us what you liked about us so we can take it into consideration for the future.

Unknown said...

I usually don't comment on blogs but this blog inspired me to make one comment. Thanks for sharing.advertising | advertisment| production houses in pakistan

Unknown said...

En esta búsqueda o ensayo hemos experimentado con diversos soportes o dispositivos que permiten replicar,Best advertising Agency in the world | top advertising agencies in pakistan | Marketing Agency